Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm baaaack

I've decided to really start using this blog more often now to share my art journal and post my youtube videos. I don't make videos often but when I do I think that this will be a good place to get them out there and talk more about them. I'm excited to get my blog going a little bit more and hopefully connect with more artsy people!! :) I love all my fellow art journalers.. woohooo! Not sure how often I will post here but I will try to as much as I can. Leave a comment if you are reading!

Here is my latest youtube video I just posted today.. so excited about it because although it is short, its my first real video where I am showing myself actually art journaling. In this video I also show some of my other journal pages I just did, one of them is about Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. It's actually up above there at the top of my blog! I didn't start the page knowing what it was going to be about, I think it's more fun to do it that way because it's more freeing. I used fabric and with many layers in this spread which was really cool because I never have used fabric before, only to sew in pockets. After I had all of the background down I was looking through pictures to put on the page and those fit really well and had the same colors that really brought the journal spread together. So fun to see a page evolve.

Remember even if you don't like how a page turns out, it's about getting there, not what it looks like in the end. I know it's hard because I always criticize and criticize myself and my pages too, it's hard to get past it. When you are thinking negative thoughts, think back to creating the piece vividly and remember how much fun you had while doing it. Also a page is never finished so you can always just go back and paint right over it if you dont like how it looks! Whew, didn't think I'd write that much but I love talking about this stuff.

Let me know what you think about the video. Talk to you soon

Peace love and paint (ha),
Marisa

No comments: