Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday thoughts



I wish I wasn't such a perfectionist sometimes when it comes to creativity. Those two words definitely do not and should not go together! Many times I forget this and I criticize art journal pages that I do. It does help to paint over things and begin again, but it's also good to just accept what you've done and move on. Thats what the journal is about.. freedom! It shouldnt be a place that frustrates me or makes me annoyed. If it does, then I need to stop and do something else for awhile.

I finished a painting for my friend for her birthday! You can see a picture of it here. It's a small mixed media painting, a petit doll party girl. Its the second painting I've finished since taking Suziblu's Les Petit Doll class over at her ning site. Since I havent said this yet, I absolutely loooove Suzi. She's my biggest inspiration when it comes to art journaling/mixed media and she's the one that inspired me to do it in the first place. If you don't know who she is, please please click that link and check out her workshops and videos...do it now! You won't regret it. She's beyond amazing... :)

So anyways, it's been so much fun doing these petit doll paintings. I like that I'm trying out different crafts this summer instead of just journaling, it keeps things interesting. Back in June I was really into making journals and books. Anywho, a picture of my southern girl painting is also shown here. This was my first petit painting that I did during the class. The dog is kinda silly looking because he has a humanlike face, haha, but I think its cute that way.

I've been having ideas for different little projects I want to do lately. I just gotta stop being sucha perfectionist, we'll see how it goes. Until next time.. have a creative day,
Marisa

No comments: